We are seeking exceptional PhD and Masters candidates to research the future of human-computer interaction (HCI) in terms of digital play.
We are interested in the following broad topics:
* PLAYFUL HUMAN-FOOD INTERACTION: Designing the playful side of our interactions with food
* HUMAN-BODY INTEGRATION: Designing and exploring novel forms of bodily play through mini-exoskeletons
* DIGITAL WATER PLAY: Designing and exploring novel bodily interactions around water sports
* FLYING ROBOTIC PLAY: Designing and exploring interactive sports systems with flying robotic companions
* EXTREME SPORTS: Designing and exploring extreme sports
* BODY AND HCI: Your topic around the body, play and HCI
We are looking for motivated individuals with keen interests and passion towards play. If you have Bachelors or Masters education in the following: human-computer interaction, game design, interaction design, computer science, industrial design, electrical engineering, human movement, sports science, performing and media arts, that’s even a plus. Prior research experience (with publications) is desirable and so are hardware prototyping abilities (Arduino, etc.) and programming skills. We are looking at the potential for creativity, excellence, and drive.
Please get in touch with us. All applicants will need to apply for and be
accepted to the respective program in the School of Design at RMIT
1) Australian applicants: ** 4 May 2018**,
2) International applicants: **AS SOON AS POSSIBLE **
International applicants must have an offer for a “place” by 23 April so that they are eligible for the scholarship, therefore they will need to apply for the place approx. 3 weeks earlier.
Please email your interest with CV and portfolio URL to:
exertiongameslab[at]rmit.edu.au with subject line “APPLICATION”.
Add a Comment