So you are about to join the Exertion Games Lab?
Here are a few pointers:
- Read “Rules of Play“
- Sign up for both website updates and the mailinglist
- New to Australia:
- Get yourself a visa: working holiday?
- Get a flight into Melbourne Tullamarine Airport, Avalon is fine, too, but most international flights go into Tullamarine
- Buy yourself health insurance overseas (might be a visa requirement)
- New to Melbourne:
- Find a place to stay while you are looking: Unilodge
- Find an apartment: Gumtree
- Buy a bike (Gumtree) + helmet (requirement) or hire one for the first couple of days (right outside the lab): Melbourne Bike Share
- Understand the tram ticketing system
- New to RMIT:
- Get Wifi access: ask us for the form
- Register with human resources: ask us for the form
- After arrival at RMIT
- Get a building secure access card
And then just enjoy!